Keeping Things Tidy | Ariel and Alder

Keeping Things Tidy

One of the things I consistently struggle with is keeping things tidy. If your a little OCD like I am you know things start to unravel when things aren't where they should be. When my space gets messy I start to get a little stressed out, and given that I live in a little cube (my dorm room) this year has been testing me. I thought I would share a little mantra I use daily to keep things neat and tidy.

When running out the door, make one little cleaning fix to leave the room neater than when you got there!

This could be: 

-Hanging up a stray jacket
-Washing a dish or two
-Taking out the trash
-Making the bed
-Moving laundry along
-Picking shoes up off the floor
-Putting scattered jewelry away
-Grabbing mail to send and throwing it in your tote
-Finding a stray dish or glass
-De-cluttering a trinket tray

Or anything else you can think of that tackles the house clutter just a little. I find that this not only helps my living space stay a little cleaner, but makes me feel better when running out the door. I can't tell you how many times I've had to rush somewhere because I got caught up doing a chore. This allows me to compromise by getting a small task done but still arriving on time to where I'm headed. 


This has helped my dorm room stay tidy on a regular basis and has kept me from going on too many "cleaning sprees." And as always, Pinterest is my best help with a little inspiration!

xo
Natalie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment