Urban Decay X Alice Through The Looking Glass | Ariel and Alder

Urban Decay X Alice Through The Looking Glass

On Monday I had the chance to attend an early screening of Alice Through The Looking Glass, and its safe to say although I was excited to go my expectations were very very low. The first film was kind of a dud for me, but I always attributed this to the fact that I loved the cartoon and the comparison was just trying too hard in my mind.

Long story short, I loved this one! And I think its because I had little to no expectations going in. 

The "Time" character (Sacha Baron Cohen) was so well done, and I really enjoyed seeing Alice as a strong female character fighting for her independence. The scenes were bold enough, bright enough, but not forced like they were in the first one. My only word of caution, is to not see it in 3D. 

Overall, worth seeing! It comes into theaters today.


Perhaps more anticipated than the film itself was the Urban Decay collaboration eyeshadow palette themed like the movie. There was a lot of hype surrounding this palette, and I was really impressed with the results. 

Disney was kind enough to send the palette over along with the O.P.I nail polish collection, so to celebrate the films release I will be sharing my thoughts and giving some of these goodies away!




The palette is so gorgeous and has a ton of hidden features and nods to the film. One of my favorites is the quote along the drawer and the purely decorative butterfly door. There is a ton of brown, tan, and grey within the shadows which made me so excited because the green, purple, and pink colors are just a little less practical.

My favorite colors are:

-Looking Glass
-Dormouse
-Kingdom
-Bandersnatch
-Time



My initial thoughts were that this was something to use on special occasions, but I have been integrating the colors into my usual makeup routine and I now think that its a perfect investment piece in terms of everyday makeup. The fact that its also Disney themed, just a bonus in my book!






My favorite thing is 100% the crease brush they include with the shadows. I have a hard time finding a great crease brush and the one they provide is one notch above the usual sponge applicators you normally receive with these things. Such a practical and useful inclusion!




Overall, 9/10 would recommend! I will be giving away some stuff on Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter so follow along to win some "Through The Looking Glass" makeup and other goodies. Leave a comment below for an extra entry.

Happy Weekend!

xo, Natalie

Crafted in partnership with Walt Disney Studios
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

23 comments:

  1. I loved the first movie, and the book Alice Through the Looking Glass, so I can't wait for this movie! And that palette looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your honest makeup review of this Disney/UB Alice palette and I can't wait to win it and see the movie too!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ursula, you will love the film :)

      Delete
  3. I love your review. Makes me need this pallete : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so delighted at how practical it was! Thanks so much for entering Shannon!

      Delete
  4. That palette looks gorgeous. Love the packaging! I'm with you on the first movie, so hopefully I agree with you on the second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I wasn't a big fan of the first, which is why I was so surprised about the sequel! Enjoy the film and thanks for entering!

      Delete
  5. I'd love to win a palette to create a fun look to go see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt care for the film but the makeup looks nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the makeup can be your silver lining :) Thanks for entering Rachel!

      Delete
  7. I honestly haven't seen either movie (have 2 kids that will not sit long enough to watch an entire movie) but i might go buy the first one and see what all the fuss is about =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one wasn't my favorite, but I think my expectations were too high! Definitely worth a watch though :)

      Delete
  8. Can't wait to see the movie! The packaging and colors are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors really are my favorite part! Thanks for entering :)

      Delete
  9. I love the unique packaging of this palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love it, I seriously have never seen anything like it! Thanks for entering Julie!

      Delete
  10. This packaging is gorgeous! And I totally agree about the movie - it was great :)

    Xo,
    Allie @ LunaVida
    www.lunavidablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you loved it! Thanks for entering Allie :)

      Delete
  11. This palette is super cool! I will definitely ask my mom to get it for me! Where do they sell it? I know it's Urban Decay but I want to be able to tell my mom where she can get it. Do you know if they sell it at the Sephora in downtown Disney?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayleigh,

      The palette is in select Sephora stores till supplies run out so I'm not sure if Downtown Disney has them.

      Here is a direct link to it online: http://bit.ly/1qNvBpO

      Hope that helps! Thanks for entering :)

      Delete