Disneyland Map Necklace | Ariel and Alder

Disneyland Map Necklace

I have always thought that menswear gets the better batch of plaids when fall rolls around. I had been on the hunt for some perfect fall button ups all summer when I saw this one on clearance in the menswear section of JCrew.  I went back and forth all summer deciding whether it was a good idea to forgo fit for a pattern that I really loved. Eventually I purchased the shirt and tucked it into my closet for the season ahead. 

Well fast forward two months and its the first chilly day in Oregon. What do I want to immediately layer with? That shirt. 

Is it the best fitting thing in the world? Heck no. But let me tell you, on a cold day when I have to go back and forth between lectures, running errands, and working in my office. Its pretty close to autumn perfection. 














Outfit Details: Flannel Shirt (long gone, but similar here and here)/ GiGi New York Monogrammed Crossbody (c/o)/ Lisi Lerch Earrings (c/o)/ LeggingsBoots (on sale here)/ Target Oversize Tee (similar here)/ Three Jane Map Necklace(c/o)/ Lip Color

Now for a little bit about the necklace I'm wearing. The designer Katie (of 3 Jane NY) is an incredible designer and I love the little personal touches in every piece she designs. The map necklace is by far her most popular piece and is absolutely perfect for everyday wear and layering. When she asked what address I wanted my map to be of, there was no doubt in my mind. 1313 Disneyland Dr. 

Why Disneyland? One might ask considering its a theme park and not my childhood home or the address of a loved one. 

Well...for a lack of better wording Disneyland holds my heart, and Walt Disney serves as a personal source of inspiration. My family returned annually to the park when I was a kid and some of my best memories were made there. I was a full on Disney kid, and had a stash of Disney things to match my obsession. (Still do!) But like any kiddo, eventually I had to part with much of my collection and what remained didn't really fit into my adult life. When Katie and I were brainstorming I thought this was the perfect way to integrate Disney into my everyday wear without sporting my little mermaid tee shirt out in public ; )

The necklace depicts the park, with special emphasis on attractions I loved as a kid like Dumbo the flying elephant (Pictured below with my dad) or the Castle. A teeny tiny diamond is placed in the center of the park and is marked Disneyland. Basically I couldn't love how it turned out any more than I do.

**Disney Fun Facts**

A question I get asked quite often is "Do you think you will end up in retail/fashion?" To which I hesitate and reply "I don't really know" It has always been a back burner dream of mine to work for Disney or Pixar. Hear me Disney?! I'm available for hire ; )

My father is one of thirteen (yes, that's 13) children. So his only trip to Disneyland as a kid was extra rare and special. And I'm sure keeping track of 13 heads in the park was a nightmare for my grandmother.

I have also been to Disney World and on the Disney Cruises but good old DL California is still my favorite.

My favorite character is Ariel, my favorite ride is still Dumbo, and I am terrified of the witch in Snow White. I have to say however, Elsa is giving Ariel a run for her money. 

I still listen to Disney soundtracks in my car and at my desk. Extra embarrassing when people on the road look over and see no children in my backseat to rationalize the sound. #NoShame





Have you ever found something that didn't "really" fit but you bought it anyway? Are you a Disney kid at heart? Or are you cooler than I am ; )

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. I love this- it's like a two-in-one! The flannel outfit is darling and your Disney memories are way too cute. This post made me want to go buy a men's flannel, order a 3 Jane NY map necklace, and hop on the next plane to Disneyland!
    Practically Imperfect

    ReplyDelete