Small Ways To Celebrate Fall | Ariel and Alder

Small Ways To Celebrate Fall

I have been way too excited for fall to arrive this year. Call me a true Oregonian but I loathe heat and was dreaming of cooler days and warmer clothes all summer long. Well imagine my immense disappointment when Portland was hit with a random October heat wave. Bummer.

Usually I celebrate the arrival of fall by pulling out all my boots, scarves, and sweaters and bundling up in the cold. This year, I had to get a little more creative at how I celebrated my favorite time of year. I can promise that of these will get you in to a fall state of mind, no matter the temperature outside.



1. Swap out your nail color- 

This was the best way for me personally to add some fall coloring in to my daily wear without suffering in the weather. There are so many fun fall nail colors to choose from, and I find that a darker color is refreshing after all the bright polish I use in the summer. My all-time favorite fall polish is this one, as well as the ones in the shop widget below, which are tried-and-true favorites. I rarely stray away from Essie polish because I think the quality is superb for the eight dollars you spend. I also swear by this top coat/base coat set for long term, durable wear.

2. Head to a local pumpkin patch, orchard, or farmers market-

A total day maker! Autumn definitely has a "harvest" vibe and there is nothing more fun then grabbing some boots and hitting up the pumpkin patch! If you are in an area that doesn't have access to a pumpkin patch or orchard, I find that my local farmers market puts me in an equally "fall" state of mind.

3. "Seasonal-ize"your space-

Easier said than done when your in a dorm or an apartment versus a home.

When I went off to college, one of the first things I remembered to take with me was my Fall/Halloween decor. I'm a bit more seasonal than most people, but it makes me so so happy to see little pumpkins and ghosts adorning my place. This season I picked up these and these for my apartment in the seasonal section of Target and have this burning whenever I am home.

**Side Note** If I need to decorate for a Halloween event on a really really tight budget Dollar Tree has really stepped up their holiday game in recent years! There are literally tons and tons of Dollar Tree DIY ideas on Pinterest. Its enough to make my head spin.

4. Switch up your drink order-

Pumpkin Spice, Salted Carmel, Spiced Chai....Coffee shops do a pretty phenomenal job at promoting the fall season with delicious drinks. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are one of my absolute favorites at this time of year. A simple seasonal change in your drink can make your day. However, with that said it can get costly to stop by Starbucks every day (do as I say friends, not as I do) and PSLs can contain a lot of extra sugar! 

A great alternative is to check Pinterest for some healthier and cheaper "brew at home" options : )

How do you celebrate the arrival of fall?

xo, 
Natalie


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment