Butter Made Better | Ariel and Alder

Butter Made Better





I try to pack protein into my lunch while I work at my desk, but it often feels like an uphill battle. Im allergic to most protein bars (don't be fooled by the images above, my boyfriend called dibs on the peanut butter!) and protein powder has to be just right to be tasteless.  Ive been trying different nut butters as a substitution and was delighted to be introduced to the Portland based brand, Wild Friends

Im a little partial to my "hometown" but Portland has a notoriously great health food selection. These little squirrel adorned jars (so cute!!) are:

-Organic
-Available in fun flavors, I mean chocolate coconut? sold!
-Fairly Inexpensive (nut butter can get costly fast!)
-Non GMO
-Kosher
- Peanut Free/Safe, which makes me a happy camper.
-Dairy Free
-Palm Oil Free. Which is increasingly important, palm oil can harm orangutan populations and rainforests! 

And besides all those good things, its overall delicious! I've been adding it on carrots, in smoothies, on toast, and in baked goods. I tried the honey sunflower seed butter in banana bread recipe last week and that was by far my greatest kitchen brainchild. So yum!

I used this recipe and added a half cup of nut butter into the batter.

How do you weave protein into your day? 

xo, 
Natalie

This post was crafted in partnership with Wild Friends Foods. All product was provided c/o Wild Friends. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The PDX Prepster a possibility. 


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment