Crockpot Pasta Sauce | Ariel and Alder

Crockpot Pasta Sauce


I have a thing about store bought pasta sauce, if I'm feeling superbly lazy then its whatever but usually I don't like the list of ingredients on the back of Prego or Ragu. So weird, slightly silly but it led me to seek out a recipe for easy pasta sauce with whole ingredients to my liking. This recipe costs around seven dollars and makes a few jars full. Go one step further by using home grown garden tomatoes and herbs (my dad is my go-to garden farmer!)

-10-12 Tomatoes
-1/4 Cup Olive Oil
-1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
-5-8 Garlic Peeled Cloves
-1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
-1 Can Tomato Paste
-4 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
-2 Chopped Onions
-2 Teaspoons Salt
-1 Cup Basil

1. Wash and dump tomatoes into the crockpot (here is the one I use). Don't worry too much about chopping and seeds, it all gets pulverized in the end.

2. Add in all other ingredients to the pot.

3. Cook on low for 1-2 days (yes, DAYS), making sure the moisture level doesn't get too low. 

4. When thoroughly cooked, lumpy, and loose proceed to blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor.

6. Jar, lid, and refrigerate for future use on pasta! I usually get 6-8 jars depending on the batch.

Happy Sauce-ing!

xo,
Natalie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment