Campus Style | Ariel and Alder

Campus Style

Sometimes I can get caught up in a web of my own rules and habits. How is it that I have a closet full of diverse clothes yet head for the same stable outfits day after day, only stopping to think outside of the box when the laundry bin gets full and demands I do so.

I think I miss out on wearing some of the more unique pieces in my closet. Which is a total problem because it means i'm not expressing my sense of style with what i wear, only with what i buy. I hate to think some of my closet favorites are gathering dust.

What made me stop and think about this was receiving a piece of jewelry that was SO unique that the need to wear it overcame my daily wardrobe merry go round. If you haven't heard of Kellembell Jewelry, the statement pieces are by far some of the most stand out I've ever seen. I definitely dig the J-Crew trendy types of jewelry, but having a hand made alternative that stands out among others definitely does more for your wardrobe.

Like a true prep addict , Kellembells lilly pulitzer print necklaces stood out most to me. But her inventory doesn't stop at Lilly. She offers everything from game day prints to leather and suede, making your necklace truly personal.

After anxiously waiting for my "Sailor Patch" necklace in the mail. Upon its arrival I was overwhelmed by its vibrancy and the cute little scalloping on the sides. This adoration flew me into an all night re evaluation of my closet, I didn't want yet another piece of unique jewelry sitting in my closet unworn. 

I had a little too much fun picking out combos, so for homework's sake (How many days till spring break again?) ended up remixing one of my go to basics for class the next day. Gimme some slack…it was a Monday. But I can't wait to to try this new piece out with staples and not-so-staples with the goal of wearing it at least 6 times in the next few months (I made a checklist and everything.) Hold me accountable readers, I will be posting my attempts on Instagram. 






Outfit Details: Jeans (skyline crop) / Necklace: Kellembell (c/o) / Purse: Tory Burch (Thea Cross Body)

Kelly (the owner of Kellembell) is incredibly sweet and runs a pretty crafty blog to go along with her store. Be sure to check out her blog site and Etsy shop. 

xo
Natalie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

  1. Those necklaces are super cute & unique! They look so pretty on you!
    xo,
    Neidelyn
    {getupanddressup.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty! And your blog is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete