Hello NYC: Day 1 | Ariel and Alder

Hello NYC: Day 1

Last week I made the trek over to the other side of the country for this years Smart Girl Conference. It was such a great experience and I was able to connect with other ambitious girls and really get to experience Manhattan as an adult for the first time.

I will talk outfits and other parts of my trip later on but here is a quick recap of my first day in the city! If you were in New York for the conference and talked about your trip on your blog, drop a link in the comments below! I would love to read about it : )

Day 1:

The first thing I had to do upon arrival in the city was check in to my hotel, I stayed at The New York Athletic Club on central park and man-oh-man I couldn't have stayed at a better spot. My family is a member of the club network and I seriously couldn't believe how great my stay was at the New York location! What a great experience. 

I had some great roommates that made my experience in the city all that much better, and we got superbly lucky when the club upgraded us to a Central Park suite! We had the most gorgeous view, and I so loved waking up to the sight of the city in the morning. 



First Stop, C Wonder Store! This was the first of many (aka. WAY too many) trips to this store during my stay in the city. Both of the locations are just adorable and its hard to keep your money in your wallet for very long. 


I met up with Hannah (of HZ Photography) in Central Park to meet up before the conference started. She is SO SO talented at what she does and we had so much fun walking around and doing some last minute comfort shoe shopping! If your looking for a photographer in the Michigan area, check her out! You will definitely see some of her photos popping up on this blog. 



The city did a number on my poor feet during my time there, FYI bring your comfiest shoes. I found 8$ Prada flats while thrifting and thought i was hot stuff walking around in the city with them on. The joke was on me because they tore up my heels. #ouch


Later in the afternoon I ran all the way up 5th avenue to Bryant Park and met up with the ladies of the brand Cinco Powell for a meeting. Oh my goodness after meeting with them I've only fallen in love with the brand more! Keep a lookout for a post about Cinco Powell later this month.

PS. The bottled iced tea from 'WichCraft was some of the best I've ever had. Was it because it was so hot out and I was thirsty? Or was it actually delicious? For whatever reason, it was perfect.

Want to know what the rest of my day looked like? Then see below. 

-Shop on 5th by myself (The best! Was so nervous about being in the city and walking alone but really enjoyed myself. I was able to check out what I wanted and observe all the great outfits walking past me as I went)
-Meeting #2.
-Hang with the roommates.
-Grab dinner.
-Conference preparation.
-Pass out from exhaustion.

Stay tuned for more of my trip!

Where is your favorite place to wander in New York City? 

xo, 
Natalie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. So glad we got to meet at the summit and so glad you had such a great time in the city! Don't you want to go back immediately? I'm counting down the days until I can return! :)

    Emily
    www.cooperthames.com

    ReplyDelete