Should I Subscribe? | Ariel and Alder

Should I Subscribe?

With so many monthly subscription services available now, its hard to sort out what ones you really want to subscribe to. I have been trying out a few of these services and thought I would share my experiences and what I think of each "box" that has arrived at my door!


1. Birchbox// I am not a huge fan of Birchbox, and I feel like I'm the only one. I had high hopes for this one when it started. I was receiving really cute useful products and then all of a sudden I stopped getting useful ones in my box and started getting things that I really wasn't interested in. What happened? The one plus about Birchbox, Its super cheap! Only ten dollars a month.

My verdict?  Not terrible, but I probably wouldn't try it again. (10$ monthly)

2. Rocksbox// I really couldn't love Rocksbox any more than I already do, and I think it has a lot to do with the jewelers that they use. Loren Hope and Margaret Elizabeth pieces are gorgeous! And if you decide you just cant bear to give the borrowed jewelry back and you need to buy it, Rocksbox will give you 10% off the retail price.

My verdict? Love it! (19$ monthly)

3. Scent Bird// I've only been sent one perfume thus far, but I really like the idea of this and the perfume I did get was great. I especially love the little twist bottle they include with the fragrance, its spill proof and tucks right in to a purse. The vial is big enough to last the whole month but is not a full size.

My verdict? I like what I see so far! (15$ monthly)

Glossybox// Glossybox is my favorite out of all of these! The samples are ginormous (if not full size sometimes) and are incredibly high quality. I look forward to my Glossybox arriving every single month! Almost every box that I have received has a nail color in it, making it worth the price with just that alone.

My verdict? Absolutely amazing!

Julep// I never tried out Julep because (and this is completely ridiculous) I thought the bottles were weird. And then I received a polish at a conference I was at last summer and fell in love! The formula is great and the brush swipes the perfect amount of polish on to the nail. I would equate the polish worth to be about the same as Essie, but the fact that you can subscribe and try out new colors is pretty cool.

My verdict? I like it! (FBF)

Boxy Charm// This is my least favorite out of the bunch. I feel like the products are not only poorly manufactured (one of the mascaras they sent snapped in half) but the box is also way overpriced for whats inside.

My verdict? Not for me. (21$ monthly)

Stitch Fix// Expensive! The clothes were cute and they have a wonderful team of stylists ready to help if need be, but I really couldn't get over the cost with this one. I'm also someone who really enjoys shopping so to have a random assortment clothes arrive was a little weird. I could see someone who is on a time budget loving this service! Another thing that is great about this one is you can send back whatever you don't love so you aren't taking too huge of a risk.

My verdict? Wonderful for the right person. (80$ or more monthly)

Nibblr// Adorable and delicious! I pop the little snack packs into my car for a last minute snack supply. I have yet to come across a nibblr mix that I don't like! It keeps me from getting too hangry and its the least expensive box on this list.

My verdict? Yum! (7$ monthly)

A little disclaimer to end this post, I did receive some of these boxes free of charge and others I paid for. There is something to be said about your review holding more weight when you pay full price for services like this and these opinions are just my two cents on the matter. I also wouldn't recommend something to you guys unless I felt like I would spend my own earnings on it. I would love to hear about your experiences with subscription services in the comments below!

xo,
Natalie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried Ipsy? I've been wanting to set up a subscription for either Ipsy or Birchbox, and I've heard mixed things about both. I also really liked Rocksbox! I don't really care to spend the money right now on it, but I think it's definitely worth the $19 for the nice stuff you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such good ideas for Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently getting Birchbox. I love the concept and the company but the products are so so. I am curious about Ipsy. I have heard the products are better.

    ReplyDelete